I need diy Facial Cream
Last week I had a meeting online and I saw myself on the screen from the side and it terrified me!!
I’m really getting old…. my cheeks, my chin and my eyelids are going south (I’m not discussing the other body parts which are going south.. only my face..ha). But my whole face is slowly going south… That’s not good! Now I know, I’m complaining.. but rather be soon than toooo late.
I have not always been a very good care taker of my skin. Don’t use any make-up at all. Cleaning it with water and then put on some coconut oil before going to sleep is actually my ritual for the last months. Reason for this was simply, I was out of facial crème and did not know which one to buy. So I did not buy anything. (shame on me?)
Today is the day I want to spent more time on my face, before I don’t have one anymore. (or can’t see it anymore because of my sagging eyelids).
Lately I’m into essential oils from doTerra from Healingoils and I really really love them! No other brand, because with doTerra I know for sure it is good quality.
So I went on Pinterest and searched what you can do with essential oils and facial crème and there is a lot!
The recipe I have created myself (after being inspired by Pinterest..).
- 2 tbsp beeswax
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp jojoba oil
- 4 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 4 drops Frankincense oil
- 4 drops Lavender oil
- 4 drops Tea Tree oil
- 2 drops Oregano oil
- 3 drops Lemon oil
- First put some water on the stove to boil (just a little in a small pan).
- Then put the beeswax, coconut oil and jojoba oil in a glass container. Put the glass container in the water until the ingredients melt. (don’t let the water go into the glass container, it is melting au-bain-marie style)
- Be careful when taking the glass container out of the boiling water as the glass is hot!
- When taken out of the water and cooled a little, put the aloe vera gel and the essential oils in the container and stir very good.
- Put on the lit and use a little in the morning and before going to bed.
Tip from a fantastic sweet friend who read this: BE CAREFUL with Lemon oil and going into the sun. 🙂
Let me know if you have tried this diy facial cream, or have any other nice things, tips and tricks to try!